THROUGH THE YEARS...

October 7, 2009

WILL THEY, WILL THEY NOT?

He who has no sins cast the first stone. That's a biblical line. He who does not like Bulusan, cast the rest of the stones, that's a challenge.

Seeing my kids grow is a sight to behold for me. And seein' all my friends' kids grow is a dream. The long endless but memorable days we shared during elementary and high school in our town is something I consider treasure no one could ever take...not even my friends. But I want to share that treasure to my kids. I want them to carry the torch pride of having a beautiful native town. I want them to make their own experience, their own treasure. I pray that my friends, batchmates and will do the same and let our children share the experience and treasure with more meaning. After decades I still believe Bulusan still has the magic to capture their hearts. The many places that helped shaped our younger days are still there... and so the people who guided us and will be always happy to guide our kids further more.

But let us make the first move. Let us be the models. Let us continue to visit our town, stay longer if we could afford. Make noble reasons why we have to be there. Help maintain if not enhance its beauty. Invite more visitors, more parents...more kids. Let us make our kids feel the reasons.

Will they take the challenge to carry the torch? Will our kids follow our footsteps? If we had and have still the pride of carrying it, and if they will understand and love our reasons, no doubt, they will.

No comments: