THROUGH THE YEARS...

July 4, 2010


Happy Birthday, Padi!

Seems like yesterday when relatives and friends intently greeted us as we complete four long decades of our life. Few more days many will probably greet us once again, but not as intently as last year, I surmise. We will just be celebrating our forty-first birthday. Not much funfare needed, many think. Yes, I and my classmate, friend and padi Ralph will be capping again another year of great moments.

I would like to apologize to my friend for I failed to greet him as intently as others may have last year. He was not around. But I should have tried to reach him out. That was a great day to us, men. And so I will do it now. He is not just a friend after all. He influenced my life. He is a dear brother to me. More than a brother at times... many times. How could I not say that? We've been sharing experiences in life as early as our first grade. When our shortpants were really short then. When our haircut were really clean cut. Later our hair will be cut clean again, maybe by father time. I am experiencing it now. I hope to me only, not to my friend.

Yes, we shared a lot of happy and not so happy moments and experiences in life, during elementary, high school, college days. And more experiences even after that. But one thing I always notice and have accepted, he is always one shower ahead of me in many things aside from looks. Be it in studies, in sports endeavours, in winning the hearts of women when were still single, and many other things, he always went beyond. I believe I work hard, but my friend works harder and works hardest all the time. No wonder He is so generous also in giving my friend many good work opportunities here and abroad. And he is also the most if not among the most generous persons I know aside from my dearest mother. His heart is so big I could only wonder. I am so lucky to be able to live life having a good friend like him.

Accept my heartfelt thanks, padi for sharing and continue sharing great moments. Thank you for assisting me then to learn my curves, for bearing with me. "Kun nahulat kamo sa ako ni padi Ewin sadto kun awaton ako magluwas sin balay pag in hahapit niyo pag ma-eskwela na, nan kun may lakaw kirita."

May the Good Lord continue to shower you great blessings in life, especially good health.

Advance happy birthday, padi! I will always remain.

No comments: